Saturday, October 13, 2012

One week at IFA






Whew.  It is Friday and I have survived my first week at In Focus Asia

It has been a great week at work, but an exhausting one.  My Ghost Hunting series project is back on the table with a new format.  They are now thinking of a hosted show, and easing up on some of the history/architecture elements.  We still need them, they are just shifting the focus.  So I and the development team (who rock by the way) are full force on the hunt for the best ghost stories and haunted houses across Asia.  We need to find them in ten different countries!  Three solid days of this lead to me saying things like "GUYS I just found a house with TEN MURDERS - isn't that awesome"!?   Of course some of the stories are also heartrendingly sad, usually involving an invading army massacre.   But mostly its just good spine tickling shivers. 



It is a fun task in this particular office because many of our ideal countries are represented right around us.  We have Indians, Chinese, Koreans and mocha-blends of all sorts.  It's great to come across a word that has stumped Google-translator and just yell out to the room for the answer. 

 Of course, like all rogue production companies they are growing faster than they can build IKEA desks to fit everyone so although I have a computer, and a badge, and internet - I've had three different desks so far this week.  I've also had five utterly excellent lunches at restaurants representing as much diversity as my office-mates.   Food, its variety and deliciousness is going to be a running theme for this blog.  Singapore is a great place to be hungry. 

Every morning I have had some kind work-permit appointment at various offices around the city but I am happy to report that Singapore bureaucracy is so far getting an A++ from me for efficiency.   They won't stand for any missing i-dot and you MUST follow the instructions but they are polite, efficient and ready for me at every turn. 

I miss you all back home.

~k


No comments:

Post a Comment